• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

200P Testing The Water

Guest AstronomyShed

Guest AstronomyShed

I'm testing the water with this one as a quattro 10CF is chanting my name like a siren, so I want to test the water with this.

A brand new 200p OTA is £300

This would me MY 200P, it's fully flocked, even inside the focuser tube, it would come with a very nice neoprene dew/light shield, included would also be a custom made mirror cooling system, see here :-

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=977

It's had the secondary slightly modded with the addition of a stainless and teflon washers as shown in one of my videos, it's had the secondary bolts replaced with stainless grubs and a stainless socket head for the middle bolt of secondary. It has a reinforcing ring fixed the the interior of the tube exactly opposite focuser for precice focuser centering. Before selling I would clean the primary and precisely collimate it. it's the star of the intro to all the shed videos and has been much pampered, I still have the original box I think in the loft. So, what would be a fair asking price?

***EDIT***

Forgot to mention, it has also been modded for rotation so it has a third ring, meaning no rings to loosen to rotate scope, again this was shown in one of my vids. Now mine has a Losmandy dovetail on it which will NOT be included but I will add a brand new vixen one which will be the same as the scope comes with when bought new.

• 2 weeks later...
Sale pending

Congrats Dion :). If I had more spare cash (damn weddings are expensive!) I would have snapped ya hand off. It's a beautiful scope. Any further along with the flocking video? Love your vids vids BTW. Particularly liked the high speed celebrations in the quatro CF vid very funny :)

Guest AstronomyShed

New vid is uploading as I type, it's the follow up to the quattro box opening review and goes through a full stripdown of the scope, all the tweaks and mods done to it and put back together again, only thing is it's an hour and a quarter long!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.