• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IMGOH HELP

Teslar

So I've been puzzled a bit by this camera. On all the images I've seen there is a row of leds along the bottom edge like in this photo

Posted Image

However on my camera there appear to be openings with LEDs in them but they never light up when I use the camera. Also just to be clear my camera is the colour version

Can any other user of this camera verify if they have working LEDs on a colour camera ?

There may be some differences between the one in the photo and the one I received because mine has a black body :notaclue:

Wow I asked the supplier and after faffing me around a bit they told me the LEDs were only on the original red body ones and that all new stock was black body and had NO LEDs fitted. I wasn't too happy with that reply which is why I asked for help.

The initial response was if the camera works why worry......

lol I was the same I wanted red to match my QHY8L ;)

Edited by Teslar

I had a play testing the guiding side of the cam last night Tom and nothing lights up even during guiding

Hmmm that's odd several peeps have said they work when guiding :(

Nope, not a peep, I'm pleased actually cos the observatory looks like Oxford Street at Christmas time with all the green and red LEDs from cameras, mounts, drives, PSUs etc :D

I did think it's a way of telling if the camera is working but then you wouldn't see owt on screen if it wasn't so they are a little redundant that way I spose

Nope, not a peep, I'm pleased actually cos the observatory looks like Oxford Street at Christmas time with all the green and red LEDs from cameras, mounts, drives, PSUs etc :D

I did think it's a way of telling if the camera is working but then you wouldn't see owt on screen if it wasn't so they are a little redundant that way I spose

That's my thoughts, fewer lights the better

I spent yesterday hiding the hub and a power supply leds by putting the same in a proper project box, looks a lot neater and darker now