• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Am I the worst hoarder on here ?

Graham

Today I decided on a strategic and systematic search of all my draws and hiding places to try and find my solar film.

What I found amazed even me.

I turned up countless manuals from equipment I have had in the past.

You know the sort of thing I mean - how to work the video - the tv - the computer ect ect.

I found the manuals and the recovery discs to my first ever PC which died many many years ago.

I even found the manual to my JVC VHS video recorder and the wired remote for it.( which I must admit I still have in the loft )  :blush::facepalm:

The more I searched the more I found it was incredible. :o

Microwave manuals

Cooker manuals

Gas fire service and operating manuals

Countless mobile phone manuals

Why do I keep all this stuff, do I really think that maybe some time in the future I will suddenly need to know how to operate an analogue mobile phone or how to turn on an inset gas fire ???

I mean heaven forbid I ever forget how to operate a microwave it could mean certain starvation. :frantic:

After a couple of hours I had half filled my Blue wheelie bin. :wallbash:

I can now rest easy in my bed tonight safe in the knowledge that when this lot has been recycled I will have saved half the rain forests of the world. :2thumbsup:

Oh and on the off chance you are interested I never did find my Solar film. :(

So I had better get some more,,,, That means another large envelope will come through my door.

I will probably put it away in a draw just in case I need one another day  :rolleyes:

snap

we have a loft full of boxes just in case we have to return the item that came in the box

when we moved 5 years ago we did have a clear out though, and needed a few trips to the tip with car and trailer

does anybody want 3 sets of golf clubs and an electric cooker

Snap as well, we have a loft and a shed full of rubbish. The house looks tidy and clean but all the rubbish is hidden away.

I also say to myself  "I'll put that away somewhere safe", it is so safe that I forget where I put it.