• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Oops

dawson

I have been trying to align the polarscope in the mount. I unscrewed the whole eye piece part and the reticule with the stars imprinted on fell out, into my hand luckily.

How do I now know what orientation to put it back in?

James

Oops indeed! Cant help you though I'm afraid. Looking forward to seeing it tonight. I want one myself.

I'm not 100% coming, I might just play in the back garden. My bloody back is achey too.

But thanks anyway.

Have a good time tonight if I don't see you.

JD

It seems the positionof the reticule in the polar scope is unimportant. I'll have a go later and see!

JD

You should have it so the little circle that sits on the edge of the big circle is at 9 o clock position when the mount is in home position. Good opportunity for you to spends ages centring the reticule :)

Use it all the time Tom, on iPad as well!

Ron

Version 3.35 firmware tells you what time to set the little circle to on the polar scope, so mike and i did that.

It wasn't so much setting up the polar alignment, it was the fact the actual reticule dell out of the polar scope and i had no idea what orientation is should start off at in the home position; at what time should the little circle be in the home position; felix said 9 o'clock which is what i did, but someone on sgl said it doesn't matter though i'm not sure he understood my question.

James