• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saturn 05/05/2013

catman161

Hi Guys,

Heres a few of Saturn. Seeing conditions not great. High, thin and hazy clous and the seeing itself very turbulent. Reslutant images not great. I am yet to experience really good seeing condtions when using the webcam-I wonder if there is ever a time where you focus up on a planet and it looks crystal clear and totally stable?? Maybe I am just dreaming!!

All images captured in sharpcap and stacked in Registax 5.1

200P on NEQ 6 Pro, SPC900NC and Televue 2x Powermate

Edited by catman161

Cheers Toby, I think I shouldn't compare Jupiter and Saturn efforts as on chatting with Steve last night on shoutbox he was saying how Saturn is harder to image than Jupiter. Thanks for compliment appreciated :)

Really good. Well jel.

I like the third one most, slightly softer focus and colours, looks more natural to me.

I might try and have a go tonight if the weather and back allow :)

JD

Thanks James :) definitely get the new newt on the AZEQ6 and get some Avis going. I'll be really interested to see the results.

I'm working on it. Despite what Kim told me to do, I've taken the newt apart, and washed every bit of it. I got some very odd looks in B&Q buying their whole stock of ionised water (it was only 58p a pot and they only had 6 pots), but still :)

It's been drying all afternoon whilst I've done mammoth weeding and path clearing in the garden. Just having [another] brew then going to try and re-assemble it all and attempt to re-collimate it; thanks for the tutorial yesterday Kim.

I'm aiming to get it going for tonight for a back yard session, but if not I'll maybe set up with the Mak instead. I could even weigh the new newt and mount them both for a laugh!

JD