• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Newboy....Sandiacre

Guest Riccy

Guest Riccy

Hi all. Got my new Skywatcher 130 and despite not understanding the setup instructions was rewarded with A  M  A  Z  I  N  G  view of Saturn on my first attempt.  Thanks to Stellarium software and a clear night.  But its been cloudy since!!!  As frustrating as golf!

Hi Riccy and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

Pop down to one of our sessions and we'll help you get set up in no time. Keep your eye on EMS Meets thread in Info and Announcements section. Meantime enjoy the forum :)

hi Richard from another stargazer in Sandiacre, where abouts in Sandiacre are you ? i`m just of stanton road.

the skywatcher 130 was the first scope i had, i had the 130p autotrak and someways i still miss it, very easy to set up, portable and gave great views.

if you need any help give us a shout as i`m not to far away from you.

Guest devil74

Hi Richard...welcome to EMS.

Enjoy the forums..so much help and knowledge out there  :).

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your first Saturn view. :)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Richard, a warm welcome to EMS.

You can't beat that first view of Saturn, it's just stunning isn't it.

Any questions just ask away in the beginners section and someone will be along shortly.

Enjoy the forum.

Guest Riccy

hi Richard from another stargazer in Sandiacre, where abouts in Sandiacre are you ? i`m just of stanton road.

the skywatcher 130 was the first scope i had, i had the 130p autotrak and someways i still miss it, very easy to set up, portable and gave great views.

if you need any help give us a shout as i`m not to far away from you.

I'm at the top of Elm Avenue. Must be very close!

Elm Avenue, i`m just round the corner on Coronation Avenue, i can proberly see your house from mine, if you fancy popping round please do

hi and welcome from sunny Florida :D

sorry just showing off back to Nottingham tomorrow but welcome to EMS Richard.  Rob's great chap to get you into this group helped me loads

Allan