• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

If you are up and about as it comes light

Ibbo

Take a few moments to go outside and listen to the dawn chorus.

I find it very nice at the end of a viewing or imaging session to take a few minutes with a brew of your choice while packing away to listen to our feathered friends.

And if you don't and rush to bed they will keep you awake anyway at this time of year.

Steve

If I finish work early I always have a little listen to our feathered friends singing their heart out.

They've been chirping away for the last 45 mins or so here, it's just a pleasure to listen to from my bed.

This is why i need to buy a catapult as the neighbours cat seems hell-bent on killing them all.

James

Same here James - I often catch any one of three regular cats stalking birds round our feeders in the back garden. Wish the neighbours would strap a bell round their necks. Wouldn't be the first time I've thought about a catapult or a bb gun lol. I love hearing the dawn chorus and trying to pick out the individual bird songs to identify them.

I don't like hearing the birds in the morning. It means I'll need to grt up for work soon. :D