• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ep,s for st120

Guest flames UK

Guest flames UK

Hi folks , I've just got myself a star travel 120 on a az4 mount after reading great reviews for this set up as a grab n go ..

I also got a semi apo baader filter for ca .

Now I'm looking into ep,s now

I've never used a short tube frac and unsure what mags will be best , has anyone with this set up got suggestions on what would work well ?

I used to have a ST102 and found it worked well with the BST explorers (now sometimes branded BST Starguider) i had at the time. I found the best focal length BST`s to be 5mm, 8mm, 12mm and 15mm. With your scope this would give you magnifications of 120x, 75x, 50x and 40x.

Guest flames UK

Thanks matey , I hear great things about the bst explorers , at the mo I have have the x-cel s . Think I may just have to get couple bst's and they look a great price

Cheers buddy

I do not know if they are any better than the x-cel`s. Best thing would be to try them first, at you local meeting or something like that if another member has some.

Guest flames UK

I've not got the celestrons across the whole range so thinking of a 18mm to compliment them . I do rate the x-cels for the price , I highly recommend them , cheers mate