• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

trying to use Astrobin.... just trial

Sheila

wooooo hooooo actually managed some geek stuff.  now to find out how i put my equipment list on.

having trouble with this bit

Sheila

having fun AP?

and its plate solved it as well

Edited by Ibbo

is it.. i tried to ask it to..... but i dont get those labels that appear on it?

#

Sheila

yay labels appeared now  :D  :D

Edited by Sheila

well I am trying so it should come up with some of it.... hopefully

Ah OK will try that next time... when i have a decent image :lol:

I too thought it would allow tiffs and fits but as it turns out as a storage by the looks of it

will have to read a bit more carefully I think

yes i read and its says it will take TIFs and FITs but you have to pay for storage of those.

It does JPEG PNG and something else i did not take any notice of :wacko:

Sheila

Guest Kheldar

Stick with the JPG's, they are still full resolution that Steve requested :) (So long as you don't resize them when you save for web :o) - don't waste the money uploading TIFFS/FITS ... you've got DropBox for that

Well done :D

Stick with the JPG's, they are still full resolution that Steve requested :) (So long as you don't resize them when you save for web :o) - don't waste the money uploading TIFFS/FITS ... you've got DropBox for that

Well done :D

still dont understand what you did with the crop and why????  what size do you crop to to make it normal?

Guest Kheldar

still dont understand what you did with the crop and why????  what size do you crop to to make it normal?

Pardon?

you cropped yous as the original posted size like mine is some huge page size.... you cropped your down thats when i noticed

your strange shaped stars?  something about A2 and A4 size??? :wacko:

Guest Kheldar

you cropped yous as the original posted size like mine is some huge page size.... you cropped your down thats when i noticed

your strange shaped stars?  something about A2 and A4 size??? :wacko:

Ah I see, I opened the image in PS and drew a non specific box - so long as the resolution/size (look in the status bar as you draw the crop box) is 1000 pixels or less in each axis) you will get what I did - bear in mind that it's all :geek: ... if I had a 50" monitor then your original image would appear fine :) Astrobin compresses all images to fit on the screen of the viewer.

Edited by Kheldar

:wacko:  not gonna do that with this one as i fear it will look awful