• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sun 13th May 2013

tbird

A quick Solar image taken at the North Lincolnshire Astro Society meet yesterday evening.

Two single exposures stitched together with MS ICE taken with a Canon 1100d through my SW 150mak with Baader solar film on AZ 4 mount. False colour added in Photoshop.

sun003_stitch_zpsea398ea7.jpg

Lovely. Really nice.

Is there any advantage of me doing solar imaging with my 180 mak rather than the 127 mak?

James

Thank You for the comments.

James, I think the 127 would be well up to the job. I don't think the single sheets of Baader film are big enough to make a full aperture filter for the 180 anyway.

Ok. I've got a home made solar filter with baader film for my 127, but i agree the A4 sheets would be too small for the 180, but i'm sure someone sells them; i wasn't sure if there would be an advantage of more aperture.

James