• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

15th May Moon (putting it all together)

philjay

Even though the atmosphere was swimming last night I still wanted to play with the 8" F6 Newt recently completed and the IMGOH, so I embarked upon a mosaic. Now I haven't done one of these for years so I missed a few bits, got to get used to planning these again.

But what I got was enough to show that things were starting to work together. I'm pleased with both the vintage OO 8" scope and especially the INGOH camera, dead easy to use with Firecapture software.

This is a mosaic of 7 panes, each pane 800 images from a 1000. Taken with the IMGOH camera through the 8" F6 Orion UK 1990 scope at prime focus. Only filter was a Baader IR block.

that is a cracking piece of work there Phil.

Those OO optics are still something to be reckoned with.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks folks, its not bad for the poor seeing conditions. I enjoy using this newt for lunar and planetary however I still prefer the contrast in the refractors, I had to use ps to bring out the contrast in this but I hardly have do any contrast adjustment with my refractors. I shall persevere with it though.