• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

22nd May Terminator

philjay

Continued playing with the IMGOH camera last night to get used to it and to relearn mosaics. This time through a 6" F8 Helios refractor. A mosaic of about 7 panes each about 800 out of a 1000 frames. Only filter was a baader IR block.I upped the local contrast a bit to pull out the Tycho area as it was washed out.

Atmospherics were awful, one night I may get to use this camera when there isn't a gale blowing

This is the 1st time Ive used the big refractor on lunar and I must say I was impressed. Visually there was CA in there but it wasn't intrusive and didn't spoil my views.

Are you adjusting the colour Phil ?

I'm finding the Moon has a yellow tinge with the IMG0H and I'm having to up the blue in processing

Its a mono camera Paul, I have to match each pane to the master with levels and contrast. Not good enough or have the patience at the moment to do RGB but I intend to do it eventually.