• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter, Venus and Mercury 24th May 2013

tbird

Clouds cleared just enough the get this shot of Jupiter, Venus and Mercury with the Canon 1100d, 70-300mm zoom lens on the AZ4

jupitervenusmercury_zps057f7839.jpg

Nice.

I thought the clouds were mountains and that you were in Nepal or somewhere exotic.

James

Brilliant - nicely caught - shame it couldn't have been nearer twilight for better effect. Good job Paul. :)

Very lovely. You got lucky with the clouds there.

How long did did you have to wait to get that shot?

I was very lucky because at sunset there was a thick bank of cloud well above where Jupiter would appear. I was about to give up when I noticed a clear patch approaching.

Venus was very bright and obvious for a start then Jupiter appeared, I didn't see Mercury naked eye, Venus then sunk into cloud.

I just started snapping away, trying to get them as they appeared in the gaps.

Great work as per usual Paul, i have to had it to you for your patience waiting for the right time and gap in the clouds. ;)

Thanks Mark

Didn't work out tonight, I had found Venus in the binoculars and then found it naked eye, but I had to move out front of the house to get a picture and it was lost in cloud.