• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Back

Guest Fluke

Guest Fluke

Hi folks,

I've not been around for a while due to a very poorly back and work commitments.

The wifes help me set up the dob tonight for my first sesh for a long time so hope the clouds go away!

As much as I love the big fella I think I'm probably going to have to down size if I'm going to continue to get the most out of this great hobby :(

Anyway, looking forward to returning to contribute to this great community, and hopefully make EMS2 later in the year :)

Guest devil74

Hi Dan...hope the back is getting better and its great you are having a sesh with the dob. Was going to have a backyard session myself buy its very hazey now. Oh well there's tomorrow  :)

Guest Tweedledum

He He,

Two Damians, Funny that, my badminton partner in the wirral league was a Damian, he was sri lankan though so it was easy to tell us apart!

Welcome back Dan - I wondered why you went quiet. Hope all's well and you're soon back to a full bill of health. :)

Hi Dan, Welcome back mate.

I think most of us suffer from various back disorders, you just need a good GP who doesn't keep passing the buck, and looks at what would improve things for you.

He He,

Two Damians, Funny that, my badminton partner in the wirral league was a Damian, he was sri lankan though so it was easy to tell us apart!

lol Hi Damian  :)

We should call you "Team Damian". :)

Hi folks,

I've not been around for a while due to a very poorly back and work commitments.

The wifes help me set up the dob tonight for my first sesh for a long time so hope the clouds go away!

As much as I love the big fella I think I'm probably going to have to down size if I'm going to continue to get the most out of this great hobby :(

Anyway, looking forward to returning to contribute to this great community, and hopefully make EMS2 later in the year :)

I downsized from that scope myself. I needed something lighter, purely for the convenience. I went to the C9.25 and NEQ6, however although the OTA is lighter the NEQ6 is still a lug. My future setup, if any, will be much lighter. I want it to be painless!

Guest Fluke

I guess I'm after a fairly light weight astrophotography type set up with a budget of around £1500. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys :)

Craig I'm glad you've mentioned that as your scope was on my possible downsize list!

The OTA wasn't an issue but the mount was. The NEQ6 packs a decent weight. A HEQ5 might suit you better. Noel and Mike have one of those, so I'm sure they can comment.

365Astronomy have the weight of the C9.25 down as 9 kilos. The C8 might be a good choice, it's less than 6 kilos.

Good to have you back Dan, hope the back continues to improve!   :)