• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mag

Guest recceranger

Guest recceranger
Guys,

While attending the Int Astro Show Notice a few dealers selling eyepieces that can be fixed to a DSLR and then onto a scope thus allowing higher mag imaging.  This is something I would be interested in as some shots using my ED80 and D3000 set up have been tiny (M41/31 etc).

Can anyone give me a steer?

Cheers 

Rick

You can do this very well with baader Hyperion eyepieces. I've got a load of them and a T-ring to fit them to a any Nikon D series DSLR body.

I don't do any photography but a friend of mine has used my scope set up to get some very pleasing images using this method.

+1 on the Baader Hyperions. I've got the t-ring adapter and can fit any of mine to the Cannon and get nice afocal shots :)

Don't bother imaging with the Hyperion Zoom though. Great lens for visual but the fringing on the edges makes it poor for AP. Just learnt that the hard way. I've now started my collection of Hyperion primes.

Edited by xanthic

True. I like the zoom for visual and flexibility it's a great EP to have in your kit. But I find the prime lenses beat it for sharpness and afocal work

Guest recceranger

Hi all,

Been away in Mali and just back to read your replies.  Very useful and thanks a mil.

Will take a look at the prime, sounds like a plan.

Rick