• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro lecture, Univeristy Nottingham, June 2013

dawson

Leigh will drive you home haha! His car is better than mine and is liable to make the journey across interstellar space :)

Yes, at that time of night you can dump the car anywhere on campus; i park outside the chemistry building (i think) as there are labs with fume cupboards next to the car. The roads are usually pretty busy at that time too though.

The audience is generally quite mixed, so don't expect really high brow material, it's usually pitched at a lay audience, though the geeky students often sneak in and ask questions i don't even understand.

James

Good good, I hate not being able to get my head around things because it requires understanding of A Level/Uni level material.

I should probably stop trying to read Feynman's Lectures.

:P

Guest endure

If I thought it was going to be a lecture full of highbrow material I'd probably stop at home and crack open a bottle  :lol:

The School of Physics & Astronomy has a large car park, which at about 5:30ish is usually about half full, and then quickly empties, so you shouldn't have any problems parking there - it's then about 80/100 feet to  the main enterance.  The good news is that there are no parking charges after 4pm.   Look up the Campus map on the University's website and look for "Building 22".   http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sharedresources/documents/mapuniversitypark.pdf

Cheers

Monmouth3817