• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Home made phone holder

Guest devil74

Guest devil74

I've been looking for way to hold my phone over the EP but didn't want to spend 50 smackers on one of those brackets so here is a really simple device i made to hold the phone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpjmtqlonont2a5/20130601_092132.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vljksf0xe4x9ey/20130601_092154.jpg

I tried it last night and it works fine but i think its only going to work on the moon for now until i build up more EPs and Powermates etc. As a bonus i fiiddled about with the camera settings and found I can voice command it to take pics...well pleased with that. 

Just thought i'd share this with you my geeky friends..especially those on the 'DARK SIDE'.

Hmm that's a good idea!

I have a spare phone cover for the back too... Now to find something that resembles whatever that is stuck to it!

Guest devil74

Its just a piece of foam Tobias that came with the case..though its not foam foam if you can see what i mean. I have another one (without the hole) if would like me to send it you. 

That is mighty clever. Well designed and "engineered". You should apply for a patent.

Good to share these little home made modifications, can be easily copied and as you say, save loads of money.

Yeah, don't make your results too good, to show the rest of of up who have spent vast amounts of money on tracking mounts and fancy cameras..... :)

JD

Dr Dawson to you ;)

I meant others can copy your design; i wasn't casting doubt on the originality of your design :)

Right, the Saturn image-off has commenced! Haha