• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Happy Fathers Day

Tweedledee

My wife and kids got me some 12 year old Glenlivet, Thorntons 85% dark chocolate and some very nice cards.

My son, who is as old as the whisky, got me a card with a bobbing Jeremy Clarkson head on the front. It says "kids are a lot like cars, they drive you round the bend" :)

Having a nice day, how about you?

I got a chocolate cake made by my 5 year old daughter. She brought it to me when I was in bed bless her.

I got a pack of chilli peanuts, a grab bag of Doritos, a pack of digestive biscuits, a card, a £15 ITunes voucher and the latest S@N magazine, awesome gifts!

Guest i-am-kloot

I got the Hairy Bikers classic curry recipe book...........and have spent most of today in a red hot kitchen preparing a chicken jalfrezi, chicken korma and pilau rice for a family tea....how does that work :facepalm2: !!

It was nice though lol :lol:

Looper on blu-ray, the new version of House of Cards on DVD and some hot chocolate drink with chilli...

It was a bit hard for me because it was my first Father's Day since my dad died. I got some nice clothes from my grown-up daughter. Unfortunately, she isn't doing a full-time "career" job, so the 999mm APO with hydrogen alpha and calcium K filters will have to wait until another time.

Guest @ndyC

I had a nice weekend out and about in Hull with the wife and kids, and Father's Day conveniently gave perfect cover for "Operation Binocular" by detouring to the waters edge visitors centre to pick up a pair of 15 x70 Visionary HD BINS from Nigel at Northern Optics. I should have asked for some clear sky's for Father's Day instead.

I got a pair of jeans that didn't fit (to big before I get any smart Alec answers) they went back to the shop I never got replaced so I suppose I got nothing! Such is life.