• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The set up is just about complete.

Graham

With the exception of an EQ6 mount my imaging set up is now just about complete.

The business end.

Williams Optics GT 81 coupled up to an Atik 314 L

St 80 guide scope using an SPC 800 all mounted on my home made adjustable mount.

Both scopes are mounted on my home made parallel mounting bracket.

2013-06-19%2021.57.28-1.jpg

2013-06-19%2021.57.50.jpg

The control room.

Twin computers one controlling the scope and the guiding the other takes care of all the imaging and processing side of things.

2013-06-19%2022.11.03.jpg

Edited by Graham

Hi Rob

Quite right too have amended that, got Orion optics on the brain for some reason. :facepalm::screwloose::unsure:

Nice Graham! Seems a bit of dust on the keyboards ? (just an observation! ;):lol:  :lol:

Nice Graham! Seems a bit of dust on the keyboards ? (just an observation! ;):lol:  :lol:

Eye that would be down to lack of use with all this crap weather :( besides you cannot see it when its dark :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eye that would be down to lack of use with all this crap weather :( besides you cannot see it when its dark :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice looking computer there Graham ;)

nice looking computer there Graham ;)

You know what Sheila I think that every time I boot it up not to mention the thought of your generosity as it processes my pictures in a tenth of the time my old one used to take. :wub:  :2thumbsup::notworthy:

Edited by Graham

Looks like a very nice set up Graham, and will be interesting to see your imaging results, when this pesky weather sorts itself out.

Proper mission control there Graham. You just need a beige waist coat, flat top haircut and you away! (Gene Kranz.)  :)

I don't think that rig know's it's going to get a thrashing from you yet. I can't wait for the images to roll in.