• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Whats your dream set up/scope

Doc

Just wondering what is your dream scope/set up, mine would be the following.

bestsetup.jpg

It's a William Optic 158 triplet refractor on a DM6 mount and Losmandy tripod.

Simply awesome.

Leicester Uni have a Planewave in their obsy up at the campus - I've been invited to go see it cos their astro club president is in Leices Astro Soc - I really must do that soon. :)

Leicester Uni have a Planewave in their obsy up at the campus - I've been invited to go see it cos their astro club president is in Leices Astro Soc - I really must do that soon.

OMG I need to come with you when you do! :)

From what I remember they have the 17" CDK on the Bisque Paramount ME. I had a pic somewhere - not sure if I still have it but will post here if I find it. :)

We'll see if we can find him next meeting - did you go on Tuesday Felix?

No like I said in the other thread Kim I just totally forgot to go! Was gutted :(

Shame - I was bunged up with cold and exhausted after the drive home from work - so I skipped it too - next one's in 9-10 days - it'll soon come round :)

Get these societies on here!

I have only been to the one society meeting and am yet to pay my subscription so I think I will leave it to Kim to sort that craig :)

I have only been to the one society meeting and am yet to pay my subscription so I think I will leave it to Kim to sort that craig :)

No worries, it was a general comment which wasn't aimed at you. :)

In the modern day, so many people utilise the internet for business, leisure and learning, yet so many societies seem to not embrace this new front. Maybe it's just me. :P