• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Persieds 2013

cosmic dave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tibbz2

• oldfruit

• RonC

• cosmic dave

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant was try it out on a dark night to see just how good it is?

Well until I know otherwise I'm free (apart from this Sunday, next Friday) until the start of September.

Ah, the wonders of the school holidays. :D

Badger Farm is available on Saturday 13th July for another trial for those that have not been before.

It is also available on Saturday 10th August for the Perseids if we want to use it. ( Camping is available )

Ok for both dates,  (have PM'd) might have to leave early for the July meet but may bring the trailer tent to the August meet!

Ron

Guest Hansen

Am I right in thinking the august meet is as wainfleet all saints?. Count me in, I would like to attend my first meet.

Am I right in thinking the august meet is as wainfleet all saints?. Count me in, I would like to attend my first meet.

The location for the Perseid meteor watch is currently under discussion. Once a firm decision is made we will post details on here.

Guest Hansen

The location for the Perseid meteor watch is currently under discussion. Once a firm decision is made we will post details on here.

Thankyou Mark. Will keep an eye out for what is decided.

Whoops thought that Badger Farm had been arranged... :facepalm: 

Thats not too far Tobias. Thanks for alerting me to that. Will make that one too.

And yes both sites are a similar distance from you it seems!

I beleive we are doing a tester session at Badfger Farm before a final decision is made. :) Any excuse for an extra bit of observing. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

SO, 13 July for a tester night and 10 August for the Persoids meeting, both at Badger Farm, yes?

Yes Badger Farm is booked for August 10th.

I was going to start a thread for it after this weekend's meet & as some know I've been pre-occupied else where.

• 2 weeks later...

Now i'm torn. I'd forgotten this was on the 10th august and i was going to try and get out of work to come, but i've told baz i'd go to his bbq. Why is most of my life dull, then three things all happen on the same night :(