• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Eyepieces

Guest Hansen

Guest Hansen

Hi

I am looking for a 10mm eyepiece if anyone has one spare to sell. My scope was missing one, but no biggie. Since I am a starter with astronomy, I am trying to not rush in with it, but take my time and learn about the important aspect first. That being the scope and understanding how it works, what the eye pieces do and how they work etc...

Don't need to be an all singing all dancing piece, but one which will do the job.

Thanks

Hi Ian,I have a 10mm ep that I may sell as I'm waiting for a TV 12mm to arrive.

It's not cheap though, although it's as new, it'd a Celestron Luminos 10mm (RRP £125 from FLO)

I would like £90 for it although I know you are new to astronomy, you are welcome to pick it up and use it before buying (or not)

have a look at the reviews etc and let me know if you're interested or not?

Cheers

Ron

Guest Hansen

Hi Ian,I have a 10mm ep that I may sell as I'm waiting for a TV 12mm to arrive.

It's not cheap though, although it's as new, it'd a Celestron Luminos 10mm (RRP £125 from FLO)

I would like £90 for it although I know you are new to astronomy, you are welcome to pick it up and use it before buying (or not)

have a look at the reviews etc and let me know if you're interested or not?

Cheers

Ron

Thanks and sorry at the same time Ron. I am sure that will whip the cheaper ones to shreds. Not quite ready to be going up market just yet. When I have gained more experience, I am sure I will eventually start to look at higher end add ons. Sorry about that, but many thanks though. ;)

Hi

I am looking for a 10mm eyepiece if anyone has one spare to sell. My scope was missing one, but no biggie. Since I am a starter with astronomy, I am trying to not rush in with it, but take my time and learn about the important aspect first. That being the scope and understanding how it works, what the eye pieces do and how they work etc...

Don't need to be an all singing all dancing piece, but one which will do the job.

Thanks

Hi Ian

I have a Plossl 10mm and a Meade 9mm sitting here in a drawer doing nothing but gathering dust.

If either one is any good to you let me know. ;)

Just as another thought, I know you said you don't want to jump up the market and get a decent ep just yet, but do consider it. The standard 10mm ep that ships with Skywatcher scopes is just useless, I never used it in the 12 months I kept my standard ep's before upgrading, just do a google search, lots of people will agree. If anything, it may put you off. Check the liked of astro buy and sell for second hand ep's, but if you want brand new, you won't do wrong upgrading to something like the BST explorers, approx £45 brand new and a big improvement over the stock ep's.

+1 for the BST's! OK about the Celestron ep, just a thought! 

Alan at 'Sky's the Limit' is the man for BST's by the way!

Ron

Guest Hansen

Just as another thought, I know you said you don't want to jump up the market and get a decent ep just yet, but do consider it. The standard 10mm ep that ships with Skywatcher scopes is just useless, I never used it in the 12 months I kept my standard ep's before upgrading, just do a google search, lots of people will agree. If anything, it may put you off. Check the liked of astro buy and sell for second hand ep's, but if you want brand new, you won't do wrong upgrading to something like the BST explorers, approx £45 brand new and a big improvement over the stock ep's.

Made note of that Daz. Meade 9mm will be winging its way over soon. Have had a butchers at BST. Look impressive from feedback reviews they do Daz. Might be worth trying to wangle a complete set of them for a christmas pressie later in the year.

Edited by Hansen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.