• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Wanted! - clapped out single cylinder engine.

Perkil8r

Just throwing this out there, I'm looking out for a single cylinder four stroke engine. Doesn't matter if it's air cooled, water cooled etc, just as long as it's a four stroke. I want it so I can do a cut-away motorised display for the school so the kids can see how they work.

Something like an old lawnmower engine would be ideal. Not wanting it to run, just need something to chop up.

Oh and of course something with no value, IE free would be perfect :thumbsup: it's for a good cause :)

Sorry havent got one Mike but theres a couple already cut away on ebay in antique scientific equipment. Dont forget to paint the cutaway edges red btw :-)

Mike, just rip the engine out of eddy's bike, that can't have many cylinders, and he probably wouldn't notice anyway until he got to a hill :)