• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help please.

oldfruit

I am currently struggling with Registax 6.

I am using a ZWO ASI120MM camera with Sharpcap for capture of Saturn. When loading the avi file into Registax 6 i get as far as stacking, when stacking is finished i am left with out an image, instead where the image should be is half black screen and half white screen with no sign of the captured image of Saturn.

I know the data is good as i stacked it in Astro Stakkert 2 and then did the wavelets in Registax. The thing is i am more used to Registax and would prefer to do the whole process with it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

I think As does a better job

I would look at the alignment points and reduce to say 3 if thats OK try 5 etc until it starts to fail again

Steve

Edited by Ibbo

Hi Mark.

Tried Registax 6 myself and had nothing but problems with it. :angry: :angry: :angry:

So I went back to using Registax 5, never had another issue. :) :) :)

Thanks guys, given me something to look at this evening.

I have had similar with stacking large images.

I get better results if I run my AVI's through Castator which crops and centres the images to a managable size.

Edited by andyboy1970