• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Orion Optics EQ mount with BH 6.5" WW

philjay

Hi folks

Yet again Im trying to clear out some room in my observatory, (why does the stuff keep building up? :D ), so up for sale is the mount that came with my vintage Orion Optics 8" F6 Newt. Im now using the scope on another mount so this is now redundant.

This will make an ideal diy project for someone and requires a little work to get it up and running but I reckon it'll make a good basic mount for up to an 8" newt or a 4" refractor.

It is circa 1996 (the scope serial no was from then) and comes complete with a superb Beacon Hill 6.5" worm and wheel including synchronous motor for the RA drive. BH website shows the worm and wheels plus synch motor  selling for £150. The mount is complete with a pier adaptor that fits into a 3.75" ID pier tube.

There isn't a dovetail clamp, but it comes with the dec block (albeit slightly cut down) but a DT clamp could easily be fitted with a couple of M6 drilled and tapped holes judiciously placed.

As I said a nice little DIY project for someone

Looking for £65 collect or deliver to a dark site meet, any questions just give me a PM

Phil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.