• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

help with raw files and dss software part 2

Allan the Plumber

Hi sorry to ask this again but has anyone got to the bottom of the reduced images from Raw to DSS

I seem to find advice ie load beta version of DSS (done) download latest version (done) but i'm still getting the same issue just a quarter size image

I have a modded Canon 1100D DDS version 3.33 beta 51 please can anyone help

Yes I've only selected to image the RAW files not as I saw in an another post that the default setting of Raw and Jpeg

With this in mind is Nebulosity 3 better software for procesing (yes i know there's a cost) but it appears the forum both SGL and EMS doesn't seem to have the definative answer for this reduced RAW imageing

Here's hoping thanks for the assistance and I'm sorry if a thread has been started for this issue i've checked but can't find anytrhing.

Allan :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest, I've not noticed my images coming out smaller?

Guest Kheldar

IMHO Neb is better than DSS and provides a whole heap more, but expect a learning curve :)

I can't guarantee you won't get the same problems though as the beta normally resolves them :(

Found that my DSS kept defaulting to version 3.3.2 so have

Uninstall and am

Now running just beta version am processing a stack of images for the

other night now and when I opened the light before processing in DSS it

was the correct size

Will let you know out come shortly

Allan

I use DSS 3.3.3 beta 47, it got rid of the same problem you have got, (for me anyway!)  :)

Hi just finished a 2hr processing and I ended

up with a whited out tiff following Dougs YouTube video nothing in the histogram either just a full white block and 2 black

areas in the bottom left and top right corners using default settings as surgested too I'm at a loss

Well at least in beta 51 I'm getting the full image not that slice as per 3.3.2 hay ho maybe Nebs the way forward Ive watch Dions video maybe suck it in and pay the £40 odd and see if that works