• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

hello from Derby

Guest wavy dave

Guest wavy dave

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to astronomy. Just starting out with a pair of binos (celestron skymaster 25x70) and saving up for a scope.

Enjoying your site and getting lots of helpful tips! Will post some questions as and when they come to mind!

Cheers,

Dave

Hi David and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Glad you're enjoying the forum - feel free with the questions any time you're ready - someone will know the answer (or where to find it lol). Have fun!

Welcome to the nut house Dave. I'm up yon hill in Derby so if you ever want to pop up and have a look at some scopes let me know. Get yourself Stellarium downloaded for your computer, it will be a great help for finding stuff in the night sky.

Nut house?!? Speak for yourself looney-toones ;)

We are all pretty "normal" east of the M1, apart from those yellow bellies east of the A46 :)

Jd

Welcome to EMS David.

You have some powerful binos there, hope you have a tripod to keep them steady.

We're far more normal north of Derby. :P

Welcome to EMS :) cracking pair of bins-do you have them on a P-mount of some kind?

Hi and welcome to EMS

best way to start, and take advice on scopes.... saves a lot of money later :)

Sheila

Hello and welcome to EMS.

Don't listen to this lot, they are bonkers.

Hope you enjoy the the forum,

All the best,

Daz (king of the potato people)

Hi Dave a warm welcome to EMS.

You would be more than welcome to come over to one of the meets and have a squint through a few scopes. Keep an eye open on the announcements section and pop over and say hello.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Guest wavy dave

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Would love to attend one of the meets, will keep my eye out!

I do have a tripod for the binos but often find it easier without when hunting for faint fuzzies. 

Am thinking of playing it safe with a skywatcher skyliner 200p. Have only heard good things so far...

Good choice. I would do as Baz (Martyn) says and try to look theough various bits of kit first.

James

Guest devil74

Hi Dave...welcome to EMS..hope you enjoy the forum.

Get yourself to a meet and check the kit out, i did and they cost me a fortune. No seriously they saved me a bucket of money with advice. 

PS - Beware of that 'dawson' character...very strange geezer who goes stargazing (in a monkey suit i add) but instead spends all night on his laptop. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...