• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

WIP NGC6888

Sheila

14 x ha 400s

8 x Oiii  400s

4 x Sii   400s

unguided

combined as RGB image

b6fc58b7-489a-4ef7-bffa-165d9e72f051.jpg

also a play with the hubble :lol:  hubble palette really not the real thing   :)

3587ded0-9ef6-4580-bed7-cae97ca6644f.jpg

Please feel free to give any advice, i wont be offended :)

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

Very nice. I prefer the colour in the first but the processing in the second if that makes sense? Certainly a cracking image either way :)

Very nice. I prefer the colour in the first but the processing in the second if that makes sense? Certainly a cracking image either way :)

yes i had trouble combining the images in the first... lots of swear words and stuff :)  must get more practice with PS

Guest Kheldar

Seconded ... and maybe a touch less LSD next time you do Hubble? :lol:

Thankyou all.  But i really need some lessons on processing.... i struggle a bit there :(

Guest peter shah

I use the standard curve method, it uses  curves and levels in Photoshop to pull out the detail... which is similar to DDP process....also with narrow band imaging you cant think of the exposure weights in the same way as RGB, with RGB you are trying to capture a "true colour" image so the exposure value has a ratio that should give a result similar as to how the eye would see it....every object has different amounts of S2, O3 and Ha so the object themselves dictates how much exposure is needed in each filter to give enough signal. Generally there is lots of Ha and significantly less O2 and S2 so more exposure in those frames....hope this helps a little.

I use the standard curve method, it uses  curves and levels in Photoshop to pull out the detail... which is similar to DDP process....also with narrow band imaging you cant think of the exposure weights in the same way as RGB, with RGB you are trying to capture a "true colour" image so the exposure value has a ratio that should give a result similar as to how the eye would see it....every object has different amounts of S2, O3 and Ha so the object themselves dictates how much exposure is needed in each filter to give enough signal. Generally there is lots of Ha and significantly less O2 and S2 so more exposure in those frames....hope this helps a little.

thank you.....  i am just guessing at the moment.  there does not seem to be any rules or ways you can work it out.  everyone seems to do it differently :wacko:

i keep seeing figures on different images (same target) of exposures and no on seems to be the same as to the weightings of the filters, or proportion of time.  I will just get

as much as i can and go from there.

Sheila

Guest Kheldar

I was asked to have a go at Hubble'ing it ... first ever attempt for me too but I suspect it needs some more blue (Oiii) and LOTS more Sii (Red) to really drop the difference in colours out

85c4ab47-c695-490e-8644-e5a84553876b.jpg

14 x ha 400s

8 x Oiii  400s

4 x Sii   400s

unguided

combined as RGB image

b6fc58b7-489a-4ef7-bffa-165d9e72f051.jpg

Please feel free to give any advice, i wont be offended :)

Sheila

That is stunning Sheila.

I was asked to have a go at Hubble'ing it ... first ever attempt for me too but I suspect it needs some more blue (Oiii) and LOTS more Sii (Red) to really drop the difference in colours out

85c4ab47-c695-490e-8644-e5a84553876b.jpg

And so is that!

Dont quite know what to say Sheila :o :o :o

Its a good job I am typing this as I would not be able to speak as my chin is still on the floor. :wacko:

That is bloody awesome :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Dont quite know what to say Sheila :o :o :o

Its a good job I am typing this as I would not be able to speak as my chin is still on the floor. :wacko:

That is bloody awesome :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

thanks Graham, still out tonight as my taskmaster has said i need more Oiii and Sii data :o

That is fantastic, really just a testament to how much time and effort you have put in getting it. I like the first one, it looks more natural, if there is such a thing with all that jiggery pokery.

Time and effort!!!!!!

I think all credit goes to the kit!

(Only joking ;) )

Time and effort!!!!!!

I think all credit goes to the kit!

(Only joking ;) )

would have to agree, operator is a bit suss :wacko: