• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ding Dong the Poplar's gone!

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Not that bad Eddy, the brash was chipped and the rest logged ready for the wood burner from toppling to manageable logs was about 4 hours...it will need to season before it will burn properly but should keep me going for the next couple of years

Guest peter shah

Ouch I hope your planting a tree to make up for that :)

Great view now though :D

I cant say I feel too bad about it as I have five very large and very old Oaks and I cant count the amount of saplings  I have on my plot, I give them away for planting...do you want one?

Seriously every single tree you see in this pic is mine, the house backs onto a wood and the wildlife is amazing, buzzards, badgers , rabbits pheasants......im very lucky to be able to live somewhere like this. 

Cut them all down and build Wales's very own VLT?

(Just a thought)

Stunning views though, what a fantastic place for stargazing, do you accept tents/caravans? ;)

Our last place was similar a virtual nature reserve :)

Cultivated garden one side and a rural wilderness the other :)

Posted Image

Guest peter shah

Cut them all down and build Wales's very own VLT?

(Just a thought)

Stunning views though, what a fantastic place for stargazing, do you accept tents/caravans? ;)

we live on quite a sleep slope so you wont get much sleep!!!     but there are a couple of places down near the river....beautiful spots and its one of those places where you wont see anyone around

Our last place was similar a virtual nature reserve :)

Cultivated garden one side and a rural wilderness the other :)

ututazyg.jpg

looks like one of those special moments captured beautifully ....... we dont get any deer here,  just over the border there are a few places