• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

plant ideas?

dawson

I've got a bit of fence at the front of my house (to the left of the house in the photo) which is WNW facing (yellow bar on aerial shot). It is about 5-6 feet long and 6 feet high, and at present just has weed matting and gravel on top; behind the fence the neighbor has some conifers so I suspect the ground may be prone to dryness. The estate is build on a flood plain and I think there may be a rubbish tip underneath too, and lots of builders hardcore. It gets plenty of afternoon/evening sunlight in the summer, but I think it's a bit gloomy in the winter.

I like succulent/primitive looking things, fatsia, figs etc but I've got these already. I'm happy for things which are just green and don't flower, and I do like things which are green all year, but this isn't an absolute.

I wouldn't want it to grow much higher than the fence, or at least be happy to be trimmed to fence height.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James

Ever thought of a grapevine? We have one in our backyard it covers really well we have got grapes growing this year :D just a thought...