• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hitch Hikers Guide

BAZ

Didn't like the film, love the books, all 6 of them, I know 5 for the purists, and the TV series, on DVD if any one wants to borrow them.

But, I did like Stephen fry as the guide.

Guest Tweedledum

My Wifes dad was a hitchiker nut. Like Andy above, loved the series, books & hated the film!! Also have  copies of the  radio scripts and casettes (!)

Already have tickets for 15th Misses booked and have front row seats :D

I found HGTG one evening in 1978 sat in a tent in our backgarden in Ealing London just happen to be messing around with my new clock radio just bought LED display when i sudden came across this........

"Another thing that was forgotten was the fact that against all probabilty a sperm whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alein planet and since this is not a naturally tenable postion for a whale, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a whale before it then had to come to terms with not being a whale anymore"

Well after that i was hooked bought the LPs, books and listened recorded off radio and became a real Hitch hiker nerd and yes I always know where my towel is

Off for a quick Pan Galactic gargle blaster before bed :blink:

Brilliant!

I listened to it on a clapped out transistor radio "after lights out" with a crystal ear piece when I was mere sprog. God, that goes back a bit now.

Iam up for this. :)

It should be a pleasant evening out.