• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ISS + HTV4 chasing tonight

Guest devil74

Guest devil74

ISS passing twice tonight folks closely followed (about 1min behind) by HTV4. 

ISS   9.26pm & 11.01pm

HTV4   9.27pm & 11.02pm

Docking scheduled for tomorrow

Now, I`m glad you posted this as I (think) I was looking at the ISS naked eye last night, and I was that baffled by what I saw, I even went outside, basically, what I thought was the ISS, just behind it I saw a smaller speck of light that was moving at the same speed, in the same position but never getting further away or any closer.

Could that of been the ISS and the HTV4, I hope so, that would be cool?

Guest devil74

Yep that was it Daz, HTV4 was about 5-6 mins behind last night. I saw it too that's what prompted me too look again. Should be really close tonight...would be cool to track and image that. Me and Eddy had a go at tracking it up Belper and jesus it was difficult.

Sheila could do the honors though with what she's got...expect footage in the morning Mr Type R.

COOL, just chuffed to bits I saw that, never seen anything "docking" with the ISS.

Nah, missed it last night, still really pleased I saw them close together the other night though.