• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tripod bag

dawson

I'd like a heavy duty canvas bag to put my tripod legs in to store and transport.

Has anyone done this or know where I could get something suitable?

Thanks.

James

i have geoptic bags, they are very good, take a look next time we are out, its the big red ones :D

Nice. Thanks Sheila.

I'll measure my legs when I get home and have a look around ebay.

James

Nice. Thanks Sheila.

I'll measure my legs when I get home and have a look around ebay.

James

Whats measuring your legs got to do with a tripod bag???

;)

Whats measuring your legs got to do with a tripod bag???

;)

dunno perhaps my legs are same size as tripod :lol:

It's not just long, it's quite wide too.

It needs to be 90cm long and really 18/20cm in diameter.

What are punch bag made out of? Would the bottom be durable enough to take the pointed ends of the legs?

James

I have this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soft-Carry-Case-for-telescope-/160906999189?pt=UK_Telescope_Cases_Bags&hash=item2576cdf595

It is really tough, is well padded and has lots of pockets for other bits. I was lucky to get it from Scope n' Skies Astroboot for just £16 but can't see it on there now. They listed it as being a bit dusty? But it came in a plastic bag looking brand new and and no dust.

There are lots of variations if you search ebay and the internet in general.

Thanks Peter. I'd had a look on ebay but I was searching for tripod bag and couldn't find anything long enough or long and wide enough. That looks good, but I fancied something in the £20 price bracket :)

I'll keep hunting.

James

My ex army green kit bag has arrived, it folded up nicely and somehow fitted through the letter box.

The tripod legs fit in nicely, it's not snug and ideally the bag would be a bit narrower, but it's heavy duty canvas and stitching and will tolerate carrying the tripod legs around. It;s got the names of two ex owners, I might do a bit of research about them, as it would be interesting to know something about where the bag has been before. I've also attached a screen shot of the item off ebay.

James