• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

hi all

Guest clinty1305

Guest clinty1305

hi everyone. i am Clint from Derby. I saw 2 meteors last night and a single slowish moving star it came from the south to the north. It was very bright and almost seam to wobble as it went over. I have no idear what this was and would love to know. Anyway nice to be here. Thanks

Hi Clint welcome to the forum.

What time did you see that bright moving object?

The International Space Station (ISS) flew over last night at around 10:12pm, rising in the West and dissappearing in the East and would have been visible for around 5 mins.

Best regards, Dan

Guest clinty1305

hi there. well are you looking foward to tonights proformance. i know here in hilton we have great clear skies so it should be a good show.

Guest clinty1305

Hi Clint welcome to the forum.

What time did you see that bright moving object?

The International Space Station (ISS) flew over last night at around 10:12pm, rising in the West and dissappearing in the East and would have been visible for around 5 mins.

Best regards, Dan

it was about that time it could of been that but it was very bright and did not lose its brighness when it passed over. i often see satalites pass over but this was quite large as stars go and very bright. So does this sound like the iss. And thanks for your info.

Hi Clint, welcome to EMS.

The ISS is due to pass over head tonight about 9:15 ish starting in the west, south west and heading east, should be visible for 5 minutes or so.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Guest clinty1305

Hi Clint, welcome to EMS.

The ISS is due to pass over head tonight about 9:15 ish starting in the west, south west and heading east, should be visible for 5 minutes or so.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

thanks for that i will have a look

Guest clinty1305

after quickly downlowding a compass it did go from nw to the east. so it could well of been the iss. i did not realise it was that big and bright. Thanks for all your info on this.

What I find interesting about the ISS is that it is only about 250 miles up.

That's only like walking to Portsmouth, not far at all really.

Hi Clint and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

It was a great ISS pass tonight and there's another one at about 11pm. On a clear night we often see two passes - it takes around 90 mins to reappear after going round the Earth. Enjoy the forum!