• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A couple of Milky Way widefields

tbird

A couple of widefields from last night. I was trying to catch a Perseid but although I saw plenty, the camera missed them all.

Both un-modded Canon 1100d with stock 18-55 lens at 18mm. ISO 800

Here's the Milky Way through Cygnus into Aquila.

cygnuswide_zps708b513e.jpg

And here it is through Cassiopeia into Perseus with Andromeda to the right

andromeda_zps2b867d4a.jpg

Nice Paul and M31 and m33 in the second shot too, bonus.

Yes, but I was out over 3 hours snapping away and don't think I got a single Perseid

Same here Paul. I did some on Fri and Sat night and got nothing. You was there on Sat and you know how long my camera was snapping away! Maybe next year,

I was disappointed too not to capture more. I should have whacked the iso right up to 3200, they were just too fleeting to be detected. Next year.

Guest devil74

Wow I think is the word. They are excellent pictures Paul. I too would love to take pics of the cosmos but funds and the missus stop me am afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice Paul, I was in mid Wales, a fantastic location, you couldn't see your hand in front of your face, I got an incredible view and saw 9 fantastic and huge Perseid meteors.