• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ISS 16-8-13

tbird

Not widefield but didn't know where to post  :D 

The ISS from tonight's first visible pass, not very good but it was a first attempt.

iss16-08-201321-56_zpsb90a59a0.jpg

Taken using QHY IMG0H camera on the Skywatcher 12" Dob, manually tracked. This is the clearest frame from an AVI captured using Firecapture. The AVI wasn't good enough to stack.

Hoping for better next time.

Great result Paul, we also tracked it visually tonight and saw a very similar visual image to the one you have captured. Great stuff.

I have say it was a joint effort. I tracked the ISS with the scope while Rosie worked the laptop

That is amazing! Any tracked manually. You are the daddy, lol.

Great work.

James

Thanks James, check out Thierry Legault if you want to see the real daddy of satellite imaging

Guest foundaplanet

Excellent.

Looks like it is only down to the image being over exposed or you would have completely nailed it on your first attempt..rock_on.gif(<-that smiley cracks me up :) )

Not widefield but didn't know where to post  :D 

The ISS from tonight's first visible pass, not very good but it was a first attempt.

"not very good"........ YOU are kidding aren't you?..... WOW this is amazing, especially considering it's a first attempt!.

How long did you manage to track it for?.

Paul

To track I aligned my finderscope as accurately as I could with a star then it was a case of trying to keep the ISS on the cross hairs, which wasn't easy.

About 30% of the frames of a 4 minute AVI had the ISS in them, but only about 5 frames had a reasonable image.

I hoping for another attempt tonight with the exposure sorted.

Edited by tbird