• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Second that. I got one last year at Ikea (ironic, given it's a free car park) for not parking in a proper spot. Ignored it, never heard anything more. They rely on the offer of a reduced "fine" for settling quickly to get people to cough up rather than paying the full amount.

sent them a letter today saying I wasn`t going to pay, lets see what happens !

Well my purchases just don't get any more exciting lol. Astro mutt has a warm coat ordered, as bomffs swampped the poor little lad.

Did I mention my quality 25mm plossel to add to my bargain basement collection?

12.5mm illuminated eyepiece. Only a cheap one from eBay. Nothing special, but only intended for use with initial alignment.

12.5mm illuminated eyepiece. Only a cheap one from eBay. Nothing special, but only intended for use with initial alignment.

i bought one of those a few months back, they start from 50p but i wasn`t lucky enough to get one at that price but as you say perfect for alginment use

New laptop for image processing. Quad core/6GB RAM on Windows 8 64 bit.

Should speed things up a bit in Pixinsight  ;)

And I now have a dedicated lappy for scope use only. No more Windows updates screwing up my driver library  :thumbsup:

Regards.

Sounds as if your getting organised Tom!  :)

Graham is fitting my HEQ5 belt mod on saturday at Kelling, looking forward

to the quietness!!

Cheers

Ron

Kendrick DigiFire 7 Digital Dew Controller and a 7" Dew band for the MN190, both bought at Kelling.

Orion 9x50 RACI finder for helping track down the fainter dso`s. A pair of winter snow boots that got their first outing on Saturday night and my feet were warm as toast all night. And an all in one waterproof quilted thermal suit for those chilly winter nights that are on the way.

Skywatcher 0.9x coma corrector, for visual use possibly but mainly for imaging with my Canon 1000D.

The AZEQ6 might struggle with the 16" scope hahah :)

You'll need a bigger caravan too now, and a bigger house, and an even more forgiving partner lol.

Lol - nope - that's the last of the astro purchases now - and the lounge will clear once the other stuff's sold off. Don't need any more caravans or houses - can't afford them now anyway hahaha! :lol: