• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

James - you'll have to let me know if they're any good - Di is always loosing her specs cos they keep slipping out of these horrid Teso Opticians thongs lol :)

Also looking at this one Tobias!!

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/moonlite-focusers/moonlite-cf-crayford-focuser-for-refractors.html

(Nice in red or Orange!!)

I did think about a moonlite. But another £80 for a adapter to fit it to my scope would make it a bit to pricey for me, especially as I'm only dirty visual. :lol:

Guest Kheldar

I did think about a moonlite. But another £80 for a adapter to fit it to my scope would make it a bit to pricey for me, especially as I'm only dirty visual. :lol:

Surely that's the sort of thing you can make up yourself with your skill set Tobias?

M43 T adaptor for Hyperion zoom lens and a 4 socket cigarette adapter for battery box

e5amanan.jpg

Hmmm Felix ... you are aware three of those outputs are limited / rated at only 1A aren't you?

Surely that's the sort of thing you can make up yourself with your skill set Tobias?

It wouldn't be any issue skill wise no, but I'm so busy at work at doing 12 hour shifts. Which looks like it'll be that way for at least a year, so I'd never get chance to make it :(

Revalation astro 3 inch hyperfocus rack & pinion refractor focuser for my bresser 152 frac.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/info-Q3G-A.html

Bit overkill, but hey why not.

Thing is Tobias a decent focuser is an investment, you can fit it to any future refractors you get, just make sure you keep the old focuser so you can refit it when you sell the Bresser and get the Tak 130 :-)

Thing is Tobias a decent focuser is an investment, you can fit it to any future refractors you get, just make sure you keep the old focuser so you can refit it when you sell the Bresser and get the Tak 130 :-)

Nah, don't want any cheap rubbish like that :lol: 150mm at the least!

Dslr Camera Grip with infra red remote and "two battery" magazine for our Canon 1000D. Very nice thanks James. :)

I purchased a programmable shutter release new from eBay for my DSLR. My thinking was I would programme duration and number of exposures, so I wasn't tied to my scope like I am with my manual release cable. It has a mind of its own. It's cheap rubbish awful product (C.R.A.P.)

Yup APT's deffo the way to go - some of those cheapo shutter releases are dead naff I agree. I have other uses for the battery grip as well as astro cos we have two 1000D's and the extra battery will prolong camera use. :)

Baader micro guide 12.5mm eyepiece

Eyepieces??? Have you taken some "silly pills" today or something? lmao :lol:

(Or is it for something daft like pec programming or drift alignment?)

I'll bet a Mars bar it's got cross hairs in it, but it's still visual though. :D

Yes lots of cross hairs and circles so I can get rdf accurate for 130 :P

Still imaging though :lol:

Eyepieces??? Have you taken some "silly pills" today or something? lmao :lol:

(Or is it for something daft like pec programming or drift alignment?)

No silly pills just making sure rdf and scope are aligned. Don't panic :o