• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sharpcap reticule rotation

Guest peepshow

Guest peepshow

As a raw (pun intended :) ) one to imaging I hesitate, but some beginners here to Sharpcap may not have discovered this and I can't find any mention of it on this forum or elsewhere.

On Sharpcap if one left clicks to show the reticule it is then positioned in the middle of the image.

I find that one can not only drag it around the screen with left mouse button but if one drags with right button the reticule  can be rotated.   This 'angled' reticule can now be dragged around the screen as before.

Edited by peepshow

I never knew that, thank you.

I started to use Firecapture before the summer and found it was maybe a bit more stable and had more features.

James

Guest peepshow

Ah James, I have never heard of Firecapture so I am glad I posted about the reticule..........

Kinda, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. :)

Yeah, I do like a good back scratch. I think I might have been a cat or a dog (or a cow) in a former life :)

JD