• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dew heater tape lengths

dawson

Does anyone know where the length of these tapes is listed:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention/astrozap-dew-heater-tapes.html

My mirror is 180mm, so just over 7", but the bit of the scope where the dew band needs to go around is nearer 9". I want one for my camera lens too which is 9" in circumference.

I wanted to just order them today, but I might have to email FLO and order them later in the week.

James

P.S. I am going to order this too: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-four-channel-four-port-dew-controller.html

Guest Kheldar

I don't see the need for precision here, the tapes are sold on diameter so normally it's 8" for 200p, 6" for 150p etc - overlap is not a problem

I'd say order a 9 or 10 for your primary and what, a 3" for your lens? (That's what I used to use I think)

Ah, ok, thanks. I just wanted to minimise my spend and minimise my energy consumption but still get rid of dew :)

I would have thought it would make sense to list them by length, but that is just how my brain works.

It's a good job I got some over time last month. Dread to think what the bank balance will be at the end of the month though!

James

Oh! Exciting.

I need one just over 9 inches, and one about 700mm (sorry for the confusing use of various units).

JD

Sheila, thank you. Ive since picked up all three from Martyn's (after more drinks and entertainment).

I'll order a dew controller and give them a go. Let me know how much you think they are worth and I'll put that into the fund as requested.

Thank you so much. And thanks for Martyn and Krys for today, got several bits sorted out and had plenty of tea and coffee; I nearly got forced to stay for tea!

James