• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

iOptron GoToNova 8400 Dual Axis GOTO Kit for sale £199

Guest Mr T

SOLD

For sale iOptron GoToNova 8400 Dual Axis GOTO Kit £199
Approx two years old and retail at £299

Go To upgrade kit which fits EQ5, Celestron CG-5, Vixen Great Polaris (GP), Orion SkyView Pro, Meade LDX55/LDX75 and Astro 5. I used this with my Skywatcher EQ5 and was impressed enough to upgrade my mount to the iOptron iEQ45.

Complete with; GPS (this is usually an extra but I have included it). Mains power cable (this is what I used, it is 2 pin so you will need an adaptor to convert to 3 pin for use in the UK, these are about 99p from Boots), cable to connect to battery (I include fittings to attach to battery terminals) and a cable to plug into car 12V plug adaptor. 8401 Hand Controller, this has a 130K object database, and 9 speed motor control. Dec and RA motor and housings. All coiled connecting cables, gears, screws, bolts, allen keys, in fact everything supplied with the kit plus I have added the instruction manual and GPS upgrade and battery terminal connectors.

In use I found it accurate (bearing in mind this is a retro fit upgrade), so as long as you have good polar alignment (I just polar aligned using the polar scope on my EQ5 mount), it would always get the target within the field of view of my 25mm or 32mm eyepieces. And the more you “sync to target†the more accurate it performs, especially if you remain in the same sky quadrant. Tracking is good, I managed to get 3 minute unguided exposures without any trailing, and my polar alignment routine is not sophisticated.
Comes in original box and postage is included in price to UK.

I do have an EQ5 equatorial mount with counterweights also for sale, it's the model with the built in polar scope which makes polar aligning a doddle, it also comes with with a nice sturdy stainless steel tube tripod with eyepiece tray. If you are interested I'll sell both the goto and mount for £300, although carriage for this would be extra due the weight, or both items could be collected from me.

Edited by Mr T

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.