• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astronomy | ‘String theory’ takes a hit in latest experiments

Sheila

String theory does seem to fly in the face of Occam's Razor. I know we've had discoveries that completely turn physics on it's head (quantum for one) but string theory has never sat easily for me.

Guest Kheldar

It ain't over till the fat lady sings :D Only one version of string theory is possibly ruled out here? Many, many .... many :wacko: others to take it's place :o

It ain't over till the fat lady sings :D Only one version of string theory is possibly ruled out here? Many, many .... many :wacko: others to take it's place :o

i know but this one really does put a bit of a dent :(  Dont really understand all of them, they are a bit :wacko: to me

I hope it isn't binned too soon as I've only just started reading The Elegant Universe!!  :angry: :lol:

Edited by Tibbz2