• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Posting images from Photo Bucket

dawson

I've just worked out how to insert the actual image onto the forum whilst it is still hosted by Photo Bucket; I thought other less able people like what I is might like to know too.

Identify the image on Photo Bucket. View it in the library. On the row above it are a load of icons for Facebook, Twitter and the like; there is an icon which looks like a link in a chain. Click this ("get link codes") and another box opens. Under the "links" heading, at the bottom is one called "IMG codes", click in this box and it will say "copied". This seems to copy the link to the memory. Then simply click paste on the forum and a line of text appears which is the address and some instructions to show the image.

Hey presto.

I suspect the other image hosting sites have similar set ups.

James

Untitled_zpsbe3766f5.jpg

All I ever do is get the image url and paste it into the "insert image" option on the posting toolbar... I can't be bothered to read your wall of text, and I don't use photobucket :)

You wait till i next see your mum tibbz; i'm going to tell her how cheeky you are and that you defo don't deserve a camera :)

(or food and water)

:)

Don't think you can do that any more matey, Craig has been busy!!

You can, it's just the gallery that's gone. I use Flickr and Facebook to host my images. If I post an image from Facebook I copy the URL of the image and use the insert image icon using that URL. If using Flickr I copy and paste the HTML/BBCode from the "share" tab at the bottom, pasting directly into the post.