• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro Party Rule Book

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Following on from Mike's frank confession (rule 7,) I think we should get some further input into this topic.

The rules of Astro Parties!!! I've taken the liberty of filling in the first three, anyone care to add?

#1 DON'T MENTION THE WEA***R!!!

#2 What happen's on star party stays on star party (unless you confess yourself)

#7 If you make a mess, you're on your own

Let's see what you got :D

8. give us all something to talk about tomorrow :D

Edited by Brantuk

Guest Kheldar

#6 If you should require an ambulance at said star party - please have the decency to get off the site first - blue flashing lights irritates astronomers like you would not believe!!!

#6 If you should require an ambulance at said star party - please have the decency to get off the site first - blue flashing lights irritates astronomers like you would not believe!!!

:highfive:

Rule 10 -- You don't all come round to my caravan to use my fridge !b (Ooh did I say I had a fridge!!)

Joking aside for a moment - a friendly reminder is in order folks.

Please keep the forum "family friendly" - we don't want parents of younger members viewing threads that glorify drinking. We are a responsible group who take care of younger members and families at meetings and star parties. Appropriate edits have been made.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

A good point well made Kim.

We have a good bunch here, and Iam sure we will all be on our second best behaviour! :)

#9 Don't wake me during the daylight if you were too boring or lightweight and went to bed at midnight while it was clear.

Edit: The following exceptions are acceptable: You come bearing bacon and or cheese related foodstuffs, You come bearing Cake, Impending natural disaster (includes the throwing away of perfectly edible bacon and or cheese related foodstuffs), freak gardening accidents, money is being given away for free, you come bearing tea (strong with milk and one sugar), my tent is on fire or in danger of becoming on fire, tent is in danger from wild animals (including but not restricted to: Cows, Sheeps, Pigs, Vultures, Rabid dogs, James Dawsons and Darren Morgans)

Edited by Perkil8r

I don't quite know what to make of that, fancy being put into the same list as James.....

;)

Strange, all other star parties seem to have Jaffa cakes as standard currency, EMS has a far higher standard now Sheila is the Confectionery Queen. (and what would that make Eddy as her side kick?) . No mention of Jaffa cakes here, and long may it continue!  :2thumbsup:

I would have thought that the first rule of Star Party is that you don't talk about Star Party...

I don't get it :lol:

It`s a reference from the film "Fight Club", staring Brad Pitt.

(I think)

Edited by Daz Type-R