• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Widefield attempt

Tibbz2

Tibbz they ate simply great. Lovely rich starty backgrounds to the main star sequences. I can't see if M31 was visible as i've only seen on my phone, but i hope so.

Really fantasic work. I told you all that frustration would pay off.

Are you going to build a whole night sky?

Jd

Post the other version you did in the SB :D

I'll try tomorrow to make an even better one ;)

another victim to the dark side

nice start

Yup :D

Tibbz they ate simply great. Lovely rich starty backgrounds to the main star sequences. I can't see if M31 was visible as i've only seen on my phone, but i hope so.

Really fantasic work. I told you all that frustration would pay off.

Are you going to build a whole night sky?

Jd

I think we resolved that it is (just) visible! (And the double cluster)

No. Not with the LP from the Mason Bros depot in the North anyway! 

Guest Kheldar

My point is EVERYTHING is much more visible in the other one :D Fair enough, will wait to see what you wrangle from it tomorrow :)

My point is EVERYTHING is much more visible in the other one :D Fair enough, will wait to see what you wrangle from it tomorrow :)

I know that now, but I didn't know how much better at the time :o

Can't be any worse, I only pushed the curve up a bit for it :P

Guest Ely Ellis

Very nice Tobias, noticed you have a faint double cluster below Cas. and down to the bottom Mirphak.

Well done.

Martin

Nice one Tobias.

One thing I have learned with the dark side, getting the images is the easy bit compared to processing them.

You are doing well and remember you are only on step number 3 on a very steep hill and its a long way up. ;)

Nice one Tobias.

One thing I have learned with the dark side, getting the images is the easy bit compared to processing them.

You are doing well and remember you are only on step number 3 on a very steep hill and its a long way up. ;)

Thanks, and yes processing looks pretty tricky... Is there any way to learn the basics of processing astro widefield images?

Guest Kheldar

There are many, many, MANY different tutorials out there and everyone does it their own way. I like this one, I don't use this method any more but it's one I used previously :) Probably more relevant to deeper objects but should give you a grounding in what you are trying to do with curves and levels

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPII6YdVBc