• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Vixen LVW vs Baader Hyperion

Guest devil74

Damo, if you can find someone with some LVWs you can borrow my hyperions and compare yourself. The Vixen ones looks to be twice the price of the Baaders though, so one would 'assume' the Vixen would be a superior eye piece.

JD

I have used/owned Vixen ep's before, quality and comfortable to use, I prefer them to the Baaders, but that's just me  ;)

Guest devil74
If your going to EMS2, I should ask the question there?  :)

I cant make EMS2 unfortunately Ron but I will be at Kelling..maybe I can barter see if one of the stands will do a 'try before you buy'. 

Damo, if you can find someone with some LVWs you can borrow my hyperions and compare yourself. The Vixen ones looks to be twice the price of the Baaders though, so one would 'assume' the Vixen would be a superior eye piece.

JD

Yeah thats what the reviews seem to say but only that the Vixens are sharper around the edges. Apart from that they seem to be nearly on par.

Anyway that's a very kind kind offer James and one I'll probably take you up on.

Can I pay you in cakes?

I've got a set of hyerions at the moment, I think philjay has the vixens I think, might be wrong. I'll be at killing although a different field.

Edited by tuckstar

Ive got a set of vixen lvw and you are welcome to compare if you are at ems2 or kelling. Ive tried hyperions but never done a side by side but I personally prefer the Vixens, excellent colour free, sharp, coma free wiide views, i love em.

• 3 weeks later...

i too have a couple of hyperions you could try next to Phils, i`ve the 13mm and the 21mm, out of all i believe the 21mm has the best review,

they can be very versitile eyepiece especially when you can buy a used on for £60-£70 pounds

Yeah that would be good Rob..I got my hands on 8mm and 22mm Vixens off ABS and not had chance to give them a proper outing in a dark sky so it would be great to do that at Kelling..make a good review I suppose.