• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Unboxing the Bresser

T A WOW

Well it finally arrived today and I wasted no time in opening it up.

Posted Image

The contents of the box.

Posted Image

The finder.

Posted Image

The OTA in its wrapper.

Posted Image

And on the mount with the 250PDS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And where it will sit in my lounge for SWMBO to moan about :D

Posted Image

After having a play with it and its parts, the diagonal is certainly a budget item. Its made of plastic, so that will most likely be the first upgrade.

The bracket for the finder leaves something to be desired as well. One of the plastic adjustable screws is threaded making it unusable. No problem for me though, I'll just fix it.

The lens cap fits very nice a firm, so I've no worries about it falling off.

The 26mm plossl is a standard ep, which I won't use.

In all pretty happy with it. For £400 new its pretty good. I knew it would have a few issues with the accessories, but a 6 inch frac for that price, even used is a bargain.

Off to Cornwall next weekend so it'll be getting some great dark skies for its first light.

Happy days. Not sure if I'll take the 250PDS too, to do a side by side comparison.

Oh, exciting :) Opening things is always good, expecially when it's a new telescope. It looks lovely.

I hope the skies are nice when you go away so you can give it a good test. I look froward to seeing stuff through it sometime.

Nice I like the red trim on the scope.

I used to have the Bresser 152R and it was a very good scope, quite a lot of CA but the views were very good indeed.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Tobias,

Great scope, I bought two AR127l's some while ago attempting to make a big pair of bino's but the gimballed ep in the middle bringing the optical paths together was £2.5K!! Sold them and a chap on SGL reviewed against his dob  here :--- http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/114507-bresser-messier-127mm-achromat/

I think you will be impressed with your new toy!

Enjoy.

Nice flip-flops too.

Out of everything in the photos to look at, the scopes, the mount, the DVD's, the T.V, the guitar, everything, you notice the flip flops.......

Hmmmmmm, some things not quite right there James!

Out of everything in the photos to look at, the scopes, the mount, the DVD's, the T.V, the guitar, everything, you notice the flip flops.......

Hmmmmmm, some things not quite right there James!

but they are nice flip flops :)