• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Greetings

Guest Apophis

Guest Apophis

Hi everyone, I'm Shane from Skegness aka Apophis (my favourite asteroid). I met some of you at EMS2 last night. I have recently taken up amateur astronomy with my grandad. We're using a Skywatcher Explorer 200mm reflector with a HEQ5 mount. Despite being complete novices we're looking forward to observing and hopefully eventually photographing the many wonders of the universe. Look forward to meeting some of you. Stay safe.

Hi Shane, a warm welcome to EMS.

It was nice to meet you and your Grandad the other night, and I hope you have continued success with your new scope.

Any questions you might have, post them in the Beginners and help section and someone will be along.

In the meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Shane and welcome to Ems, glad we could help you and your grandad last night with your new scope, itcwill give you years of good service that one. As Baz says dont be afraid to ask, we are here to help

Welcome along Shane, I did meet you briefly (I was the one who suggested where to park etc). Didn't catch you later though, so appologies for that. Hope you had a great night, it was a really good night to be out there wasn't it?! Enjoy the forum and the scope. Hope to see you again soon!

Hi Shane, sorry but I must have missed out meeting you last night but it was pretty dark. I may have met you and not even known it. :) . Welcome to the forum and hope to see you at one of our future meets

Hi Shane and welcome to the forum. Sorry We missed you at the star party but hopefully see you at the next ELAC meeting.

Dave and Clare

Hi Shane, welcome, I was the chap who gave you my IPhone and assisted (briefly) with your set up with Phil.

Good to have you on board, glad you enjoyed the star party.

Hi Shane and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

Glad you had a good time at the star party and hope we get to see you at many more. Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask any questions you like in the help sections - or contribute anything interesting from your stargazing experiences. Have fun! :)

Guest foundaplanet

Hello Shane, pleased you enjoyed it. It was my first time meeting up with most of the gang to and fun it was..:)

I remember you and ya Grandad, it was me who sent you off to the pub and the talk.. Hope we will be seeing you both at the monthly Badger Farm meets.. If you thought the skies were good at Anderby these ones are even better...