• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42 from Saturday morning at EMS2

red dwalf

finally managed to take this picture after all the trouble i had with my equipment last night, 

mount stopped slewing and camera seemed to be having a day off aswell.

taken with unmodded 1100d, a 8" SCT scope fitted with a 6.3 focal reducer, 16 x 50 second subs at iso 800 and 15 darks.

bvmj.jpgyec5.jpg

Edited by red dwalf

thanks,

i`m sure i can can tease alittle more data from this, was very tired yesterday evening, but i`ve noticed that when processing in photoshop the image looks slightly too over processed in areas, but when the image is saved as a jpeg file it smooths out somewhat.

Nice one Rob, considering the amount of muttering and tinkering that was going off and the occasional threat of the lot going in the lake, then that's great!

Nice one Rob. As regards Photoshop, every now and then if you go flatten the layers it puts the detail back in so you can see it. It occasionally looks a bit strange on the work window I find, but if you flatten it it brings it all back.

be kind Mike and tell me step by step what i need to do, can`t find flatten the layers in photoshop, don`t laugh

be kind Mike and tell me step by step what i need to do, can`t find flatten the layers in photoshop, don`t laugh

snigger :lol:

Nah, seriously, no worries matey.

After doing a few actions, go to the top menu bar, layers, from the drop down menu pick flatten layers. :)

cheers Mike, I`ll write that one down,

heres another redone version, how do i blacken the back ground or is that a result in too many levels and curves.

yec5.jpg