• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M27 from EMS2

philjay

This was my tester for imaging Saturday night. I was just going to do one sub just to make sure all was working then move on but it looked promising so I stuck with it until a meridian flip threatened, so about 1.5 hours of between 2 minute and 7 minute subs.

WO FLT98 with Mk4 FFR, Atik 314 OSC 1x1 bin, Idas filter. On HEQ5 mount, guided with homebrew finder guider with qhy5.  Stacked in I+ and processed in PS6

Oh and I added diffraction with Noels actions to medium stars just to tart it up a bit. Hope you like it.m27b.jpg

Thanks folks. A 1st in a few years for me this one, you never know I might have a bash at this photo lark again at Kelling, probably hash it up next time though.

I left PHD guide settings set the same as my CGE observatory mount, which I use for imaging usually. I didn't want to spend all night faffing with PHD as it took me ages to get it half right in the obs, and it seemed to work on the HEQ5, so what aint broke don't fix, I didn't touch a setting.

This was taken early on in the session when there was little to no wind on my pitch hence the round stars, see the M33 for what the wind did

I've lots of shots of M27, some deeper, some in Ha etc but I reckon this is my favourite now, purely because its a 1st on the HEQ5 and it was at a bosting star party and will always remind me of it.

Thanks folks. A 1st in a few years for me this one, you never know I might have a bash at this photo lark again at Kelling, probably hash it up next time though.

I left PHD guide settings set the same as my CGE observatory mount, which I use for imaging usually. I didn't want to spend all night faffing with PHD as it took me ages to get it half right in the obs, and it seemed to work on the HEQ5, so what aint broke don't fix, I didn't touch a setting.

This was taken early on in the session when there was little to no wind on my pitch hence the round stars, see the M33 for what the wind did

I've lots of shots of M27, some deeper, some in Ha etc but I reckon this is my favourite now, purely because its a 1st on the HEQ5 and it was at a bosting star party and will always remind me of it.

You old silver tongued romantic you ;)